Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rigby and Peller vintage style bullet bra

I wanted to spotlight this new retro design because I think it is just adorable.

Rigby and Peller are a London, England based foundation garment company celebrating 70 years in business. They have commissioned a special, limited edition set to commemorate their longevity.

I would not wear it, I would not pay 300 dollars for it but I LOVE it. I think this was so beautifully done that it deserves admiring.

They have taken a very strange yet popular bra style from the 50’s and revamped it in a seductive soft pink satin. The conical bra originally looked bullet proof in a heavy white nylon yet their version has a romantic and innocent appeal. Attention to historic form is shown in the stitching detail of the cups and placement of the seams.

The panties worn with the bra have a high waist and are covered in ruffles over the butt. This gives a childlike element that works wonderfully. The mood is perfectly cast in the photograph with the dusty light and tactile backdrop. It almost looks fluid.

At first glance I was taken by this photograph. As I have looked at it further I continue to be impressed by the sophistication of the presentation. All design elements come together in color, balance and style. This makes my mind wander through costume history. I picture a slower time with soft gentle light and structurally tailored clothes. This reminds me that I love beautiful lingerie and all it's vintage charm.

This is a visual treat for you. I know very few would wear this however many may appreciate the presentation and the satisfaction of viewing a fashion statement . This is a show piece lingerie set made for petite girls. The size range is 30C-34DD.

For all you fashionistas….enjoy!

It is available to order at Rigby and Peller

Would you wear this style of vintage bra?



Brenda
Owner/Designer & Fashion Consultant
www.PlusSizeBrasAndPanties.com
Brenda@PlusSizeBrasAndPanties.com
Plus Size Bras, Plus Size Panties, Plus Size Shapewear, & More

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I love your site. It really is
    very interesting and meaningful to us women. Men are not so enthused or appreciative on the time we women spend striving to better our lot in life and with the help of our underwear we actually get to accomplish this with the help of your site. A stunning fit and look every time. Thank you for that. When your undergarments fit and feel stunning how can a lady not succeed? It
    gives us all a leg up on the road to success and
    self esteem. How could any women wearing that beautiful purple power bra on display not be on top of the world??? Men should never underestimate the power of women and their lingerie. It is a lethal combination. I love the history of womens clothing and lingerie. Vive Plus Sie Bras and Panties!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails